Monday, May 20, 2013



“Do not throw away your confidence.
You need to persevere....
we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed
but of those who believe and are saved.”

Hebrews 10:35, 39

Pursuing the Airstream has felt like being stuck a confusing maze. For six months, every time I turned a new corner expecting to see the way forward, I only found another dead end.

Taking one persevering faith step at a time, often with fear and trembling, I maneuvered around a wall recently, and to my amazement, the maze was behind me. 

Last week we purchased a lightly used 2012 Ford Expedition. Next week with Janelle, I will drive “The Beast” to Pennsylvania where it will meet its companion trailer.  A 2012 Airstream passed our sensitivity test three weeks ago.  It was the first trailer in this whole pursuit in which my lungs felt fine.  Our new home, our safe bubble, we dubbed “The Bub.”

Still the question remains, “Where do we live next?” Now, however, the query is filled with joyful anticipation. Our adventure has begun with The Beast and The Bub.

Praise be to God, our Guide and Keeper.

“I will instruct you and
teach you
in the way you should go
I will counsel you and
watch over you.

Psalm 32:8