Friday, May 30, 2014

"...I will sing of Your strength
I will sing aloud of Your steadfast love
in the morning.
For You have been to me a fortress
and a refuge in the day of my distress.
O my Strength
I will sing praises to You
For You, O God, are my fortress,
the God Who shows me steadfast love."
Psalm 59:6,7

It's our anniversary!  One year ago yesterday we moved into the Airstream trailer.

I'm grateful for:




  • caring family and friends who generously contributed to allow us to live in this aluminum safe bubble, "The Bub."
  • all those who have prayed and are praying to the Lord on our behalf.
  • last summer at the Agape farm in Shirleysburg, Pennsylvania.  We were able to be still and rest and begin getting well.
  • the gift of a portable clothes washer and spinner combo.  Doing laundry outside, hanging it on a line is a joy.
  • stunning mountain vistas. 
  • the Bub being toxin- and mold-free, even after four significant water leaks and a major bathroom flood.
  • the Airstream technicians who skillfully repaired our little home on wheels.
  • our dehumidifier and air purifier.
  • the Lord's protection and grace during thousands of miles on the road.
  • the many fascinating people we've met and have been temporary neighbors with.
  • our visit to the Flight 93 Memorial near Somerset, Pennsylvania.
  • a day at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio.
  • two days at the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky.
  • sunrises and morning beach walks.
  • the Myrtle Beach firemen who came to our rescue when one of our propane tanks leaked.
  • time with my first-born son and his fiancee in North Carolina.
  • diversity of God's ornithological creatures.  My favorite birds with attitude are the Sandhill Cranes. 
  • wisdom to get the Bub out from under the pine trees at Myrtle Beach State Park and unto a parking lot during the January ice storm that put SC into a state of emergency.  After the storm, the icy pile of branches in the middle of the site where our trailer had been, confirmed the decision to move.  It was an exhilarating day.
  • a visit to The Cove (Billy Graham's training center) in Asheville, NC, precious fellowship there, and time playing the grand piano in the chapel.
  • being able to attend my second-born son's college graduation in Baltimore.
  • time with my family in Maryland.
  • the Lord's help, wisdom and peace.  (I am weak, often not knowing the next step(s) and prone to fear and anxiety.)  How gracious and great is our God!
  • the Great Shepherd, our Lord Jesus Christ, Who has over led the past year, confident He will continue to guide this coming year.
  • several new songs that have been birthed during this time.
  • vision to publish and promote some of these songs.  Anyone know any (Christian) music industry contacts?
  • all the healing that has occurred.  Thanks be to God!
  • Janelle's help to post this.  
  • our Airstream home.  We are no longer homeless!


Janelle has summed it up in a recent Instagram post:

"One year ago today, I moved into this big lug.  It's been God's safe house for me. In the past 365 mold-free days, I'm stronger, healthier, and feel more alive than I have in the past 4 years.  I can't wait to see what another year will bring.  #Hallelujah  #Airstream  #liferiveted"


"Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
His understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might
He increases strength."
Isaiah 40:28-29